Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Southern Christmas Palm Tree Shirt

I love the beach!!!  I would pick a beach vacation over a ski vacation every day of the week, even with a hurricane coming!!!!   I have a neighbor that is from the Chicago area....she commented on how it was in the 60's on Sunday and everyone at church had their big coats on!!  She said that is tee shirt weather!  Well, down here, that is WINTER!!!  We only get a limited time to wear our coats, so we take advantage of it even when there is a strong wind.

I saw this pattern last year and wanted to do it.  I think I will put my kiddos name on the shirt, but not sure if I will yet.  I think I will get a different lime green color for the girl....it is a little too neon.  Aren't you glad I try these patterns out on my kids stuff first:-)

The green leaves are in a green and small white polka dot.  I don't mind polka dot for my boy because he is still a baby to me:-)  If you would rather a solid green or some other green fabric, that can be done!

I think I will either tone down the lime thread or use a more vibrant fabric. 

Here is the sibling set!  I love them!!!

These shirts are $20.  If you want the girl ruffle shirt like in the picture, the shirt is $22.  I can only get these ruffle shirts in a size 2t, 4t, and 6t.  

No comments:

Post a Comment